I know I am very late to this health-kick party, but I have finally found and fallen in love with overnight oats! You have no idea how hard this little breakfast dish has had to work to even compete with my love of a cheese bagel at breakfast time.
I just had to do a blog post on it before my scrawled handwritten recipe ends up as a crumpled up post it note. Or I try to tell someone how I love my new breakfast, but then can’t for the life of me remember how many grams of oats you have to put in it! Well, here goes.
You will need:
- 30g porridge oats.
- Around 100g fat free or other yoghurt of choice. The really good thing about this recipe is finding what you like. Personally, I don’t like too much yoghurt, whereas Dan likes it.
- Fruit of your choice. My personal favourite is frozen raspberries, blueberries and fresh strawberries. You can basically try anything though. In the photo I had peach as it was left in the fridge.
- My friend suggested adding some chia seeds to top it off which is really nice too.
- Put the oats in a mason jar. I usually add a dash of water if I’m using fresh fruit.
- Mix in the yoghurt. Make sure you get right into the edges or you get that dried claggy stuff (if that’s even a word – you know what I mean!)
- Add the fruit.
- Pop in the fridge overnight.
- Serve and enjoy your lovely breakfast!
And bonus, the good thing is that if you’re short on time, you can pop it in your bag and eat on the run.
Lots of love,