I was inspired to write tonight’s post by the lovely Melanie‘s Instagram #mystylephotochallenge. The Day 9 Challenge was to photograph your signature dish. I think, as all of my friends know too well, pasta is my favourite and therefore my most perfected type of dish (given then frequency I eat it!). I thought I would do a bit of a Mediterranean influence tonight with seafood linguine. Perfect to enjoy in the sunshine!
To make this little delight.
You will need:
Fresh linguine pasta
A drizzle of olive oil
1 chopped garlic
Half a finely chopped onion
Half a finely chopped red pepper
1 small firey red chilli
Frozen king prawns
Frozen scallops (as with the prawns you can use fresh if you prefer)
Some cherry tomatoes
Half a can of chopped tomatoes
Fresh spinach leaves
1. Wrap the salmon in tinfoil and pop into a pre-heated 425f/220c oven. Bake for around 15 to 20 minutes depending on thickness.
2. Drizzle a pan with a little olive oil and then add the chopped garlic, onion, pepper and chilli, Allow this all to fry off for a moment or two.
3. Add the frozen prawns and scallops, along with a good glug of chopped tomatoes and tomato puree and leave to simmer on a low heat.
4. Once the salmon is nearing completion. Add the pesto, cherry tomatoes, and around two heaped tablespoons (depending on taste) of pesto and leave to heat for around 3 minutes.
5. Just before serving add the fresh spinach leaves.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Serves 1 – so just adapt and enjoy!
I ate this looking out at my beautiful view of the river – bellissimo!