Happy Friday peeps! With all this glorious weather I am feeling that Mediterranean vibe going on at the moment. I was thinking sea food, tomatoes and pasta would be the perfect combo for tonights dinner.
You will need:
1 garlic clove (chopped)
1 small chilli (chopped)
Half an onion (chopped)
Mixed peppers (or half of a red and half a green pepper)
2 medium salmon fillets
Tin foil (to cook the salmon in)
Squeeze of lemon
Cooked peeled prawns
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
Dried mixed herbs
Dried Hot Paprika
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200c/400f or gas 6 for the salmon, whilst you chop and prepare the veggies.
2. Prepare your salmon fillets for cooking by putting them on a sheet of tinfoil, drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Put the salmon onto cook for around 15 to 20 minutes (or until cooked thoroughly).
3. Pop your spaghetti onto boil after about 10 minutes of the salmon being in the oven, as it will need around 8-10 minutes to cook through (adjust timings accordingly).
4. Whist the spaghetti is cooking. Into a frying pan put the garlic, chilli and onion into fry off in the olive oil for a few minutes.
5. To the garlic, chili and onion mix. Add the chopped peppers, chopped tomatoes, a generous squeeze of tomato puree, a splash of red wine, and a quick shake of the mixed herbs and Hot Paprika. Heat all this through on a really low heat for about 15 minutes to allow all the flavours to infuse together.
6. Once cooked, drain the water from the spaghetti. Then add the tomato sauce mixture, the prawns and cooked salmon (remove the skin first) to the pan and mix it all together. Just give this a few moments on a low heat just to give the prawns chance to warm through (as they are already cooked).
7. Serve with fresh bread dipped in olive oil for that truly Mediterranean feel 🙂