homemade play dough! Not only will making it keep the little darlings
entertained, then we have amazing cheap play dough. What more could we ask for
You will need:
2 cups of flour
1 cup of salt
2 tbsp of oil
1 – 2 cups of boiling water (adding increments until it feels nice and sticky)
Food colouring – I used Pink food colouring (of course!). I put 2 tablespoons into the original mixture and then added more later.
Essence or flavouring (optional as you don’t eat obviously – just gives it a nice smell) I used strawberry flavouring to go with the pink theme. 1 tablespoon is plenty.
1. Pour out all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
2. Then add the boiling hot water a bit at a time until the consistency becomes sticky. It is the boiling water which replaces the need to cook the dough, so you may need to reboil the kettle after the first cup.
3. Spinkle the work surface with flour so you can roll out the mixture
4. Top tip: if you can get someone who can keep adding food colour whilst you kneed, it gives it a nice even distribution.
5. Hey presto you are in amazing sparkly play dough heaven!
Lots of love Helen xoxo