I have decided that this month I am going to get a bit more healthy, so I thought this was the perfect meal for a cheese loving vegetarian 🙂
You will need:
Quinoa – any kind will do. I personally really like this mix as it has a few added little extra bits 🙂
1 block of halloumi cheese
Beetroot, sliced (or as I have done with my little cheat, some sliced beetroot)
Two handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
1. First, poor water onto the quinoa and leave until it’s
light and fluffy.
2. Slice the halloumi. I personally prefer thicker slices as they go nice and gooey in the middle. I find that thinner slices can dry up and go a bit too hard. I like to dry fry halloumi.
3. Slice some beetroot and plate up with the quinoa.
4. Add a few fresh leaves of spinach
5. Simply serve us and enjoy!
This salad is packed full of tasty nutrients; protein from the quinoa, vitamins and minerals in the beetroot and iron from the
spinach – what’s not to love!