I saw this tag on the lovely Alice of LissyBeauty‘s blog I thought it looked fun, so had to give it a go 🙂
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Naturally wavy, which can look a bit scruffy. I usually either tidy up the waves by sleeping with plaits or a bun. For something special, I will either curl or straighten. I tend not to mess too much heat-wise with my hair because it wrecks it and I like to keep my hair long.
2. What is your natural hair colour?
A horrible browny kind of colour.
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
Bit of both. My hair grows so fast that I get roots every 4 weeks, so I will do the toot touch-up myself, then go to the hairdressers for highlights every few months or so.
4. How often do you wash your hair?
Every other day.
5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
It depends on what I’m doing and how much time I have, rather than just mixing it up.
6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I do my own usually. Unless it’s a special event or a spa day or something.
7. How often to you change your nail polish?
If I’m working, I will usually try to get away with a little touch up when the ends chip mid-week, then weekends I will completely remove and pick a new shade. I love time off though when you don’t have to care so much 🙂
8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
Around the Christmas party season, I will usually glam up the old toes with a bit of bright polish.
9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
I did the Makeup Timer Tag and it takes me 4 minutes 18 seconds to my basic everyday makeup, which is extremely handy to know when you fancy a few extra minutes in bed!
10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Face base, then eyes, then back to blush, lips etc.
11. Do you “collect” makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
Definitely a bit of collector. Plus I’m a nightmare for the buy one get one half price, or buy and get a freebie. I’m also one of those people who always needs to have a ‘back up’ of my favourite products *hoarder alert*!
12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I would say this is limited to big nights out. So, Christmas party, Birthday nights out and the like.
13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
I do a ‘natural’ look everyday, then I will build on this with eye make up and lipstick if I’m going out or something special.
14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
No, I would usually just slap on some moisturiser and chill out in comfy clothes. Just as I am at the moment 🙂
15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
If I’m just popping to the local shop, or something then sure no makeup is fine. Otherwise, I wouldn’t as I just don’t feel “dressed” without my makeup on – even if it was just the bare minimum.
16. How many high end products do you have?
I have a lovely blusher duo from Dior and I love Clarins mascara. Actually, looking at my collection, I do have a fair few bits of high end, but otherwise I tend to buy drugstore.
17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
Erm, I need to wash them more often than I do put it that way – oops! Going to wash them now…
18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
If I’m going to work, then yes. Mainly just to save time in the morning and make sure everything is ironed (and matches – especially when I’m getting ready on those dark winter mornings!). Otherwise, I will just see what the weather is like and what mood I am in.
19. How often do you change your handbag?
I choose handbags depending on what I am doing. So, I have handbags for the working week and a different one for weekends and another for nights out. That’s a about it really
20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
It depends what I am doing, but I like to get a good 7-8 hours or I can’t function, so I tend to go to bed at a time that allows me to do that for the morning get up.
21. How often & when do you workout?
I used to be a fan of working out and I’m slowly getting back into it now (after a car accident).
22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
I’m right-handed. 🙂
23. How tall are you?
I am 5’1″ tall.
24. Do you speak a foreign language?
I can speak Spanish (not as well as I could though, sadly).
25. How many pets do you have?
I don’t have any pets of my own unfortunately.
26. How often are you on Blogger?
I’m on Blogger in one way or another everyday.
27. Do you read the comments posted blogs?
Every one of them and I always try to post a reply and then check out the person’s link if they have left one.
28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
I try to, but then I am a nightmare for thinking, what was that I saw and whose blog was it on!
29. How did you come up with your blog name?
I couldn’t think of anything else. I’m often called Little H because I’m small. Other people call me Hels and my surname begins with B, so I kind of just combined all 3 🙂
30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
Often I just use my iPhone, but I have got a Canon S110 which I am trying to get into using. I just wish I could take some cool shots with it though. This is definitely something I want to improve on.
31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
I would say kitchen, bathroom, etc daily. Everywhere else just as it needs it.
32. What is your favourite colour?
33. What is your favorite beauty/fashion magazine?
Glamour Mag – love it!
34. Do you swear?
I try not to. I want to be a Primary School Teacher and the two don’t mix.
35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
I’ve got a few errands to run, then dinner with friends and then relax 🙂