Ok ladies, we all in some way suffer when it comes to that time of the month. It’s how we deal with it that counts. Here a few thoughts for surviving Mother Nature’s monthly visit.
For me it’s just the first day. I would rather cuddle in my duvet and go to sleep and say see you later. if only that were possible. So, how do we survive that time of the month?
- I have an app on my phone, so that Mother Nature doesn’t make any surprise appearances.
- Make sure there is an adequate supply of essentials, so usually once I have finished, I make sure I have a stash of tampons ready for the following month, that way I don’t have to think about it until next month.
- Keep a few essentials, including pain killers in your bag ready. I use the small discrete size travel tampax, as they aren’t intrusive, in a small make up bag. That way I can just take that to the bathroom and nobody is any the wiser.
First day cramps:
- Unless, you are lucky enough to be at home and able to comfort with a hot water bottle and snuggled on the sofa, I find ibuprofen works well to deal with the pain on the go.
- Do something to make yourself feel nice. I like doing gentle yoga, or swimming would be good to ease the pain.
- Treat yourself. Chocolate or cream cakes, whatever your bag, just give yourself a break for that first day.
It is likely that your skin will suffer one way or another in the lead up to that time, so pay extra attention to cleansing. Why not treat yourself to a nice face mask? I love the Clarins Pure and Radiant Mask with pink clay, as it really soothes stressed skin.
Lots of love,