I haven’t felt too good this weekend, so was craving some home-cooked mum food. Unfortunately, my mum lives 200 miles away, so had to make my own 🙂 I opted for this simple to make, veggie mushroom pie with lots of creamy mash. Not very slinky dress option I admit!
You will need:
1 red onion
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Salt and cracked black pepper
1. Peel, chop and pop on the potatoes to boil.
2. Roughly chop the onion and fry off in pan, along with the chilli.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, button mushrooms (whole if small enough), tomato puree and Worcester sauce, shake of dried parsley, salt and pepper. Leave this to reduce on a low heat.
4. Once the potatoes have boiled and softened, add a knob of butter and milk (preferably full fat if you really aren’t diet-concious). Mash until a nice consistency.
5. Add the sauce to a baking tin and cover with mash (and a sprinkle of cheese if you dare) .
6. Oven bake for around 25 minutes at 190c or until golden brown.
What is your favourite winter warmer?
Lots of love,